Creator of quality designs and thinker of fresh ideas.
1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
2 large onions
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
Fine sea salt
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
1 (15-ounce / 400g) can whole tomatoes
200g red lentils, picked over and rinsed very well (soaked, if possible)
1 litre water
.5 litre coconut milk
1 bay leaf
1tbsp maple vinegar
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
Fresh cilantro leaves or flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Heat a pot to medium and add the garlic, onions and ginger until browned. Add the salt and cumin.
2. Add the canned tomatoes, water, bay leaves and lentils and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
(it helps if you soak them for a couple of hours beforehand)
3. Add the maple syrup and maple vinegar.
4. Remove the bay leaves and blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
5. Add more water to desired consistency and add some coconut milk for added creaminess
Top with cayenne pepper and the fresh herbs.